Job Title: Chief Accountant
Location: Baku Base Office, Azerbaijan
The Chief Accountant will be responsible for the smooth operation of the finance department and managing the finance staff to ensure full coverage of department tasks. Reporting to and assisting the Finance Manager as required.
Primary responsibilities of the role are (but not limited to):
• Compliance to procedures and worldwide accounting standards.
• Cash flow management and forecasting.
• Financial reporting to the local management team.
• Focal point of contact for tax queries, tax returns and audit management.
• Azerbaijani statutory reporting requirements.
• Azerbaijani National payroll process.
• Balance sheet management and reconciliation.
• Perform appraisals of finance staff performance.
• Succession planning, coaching and mentoring finance staff.
• Accounts payable process.
• Accounts receivable process.
• Budgeting and financial forecasting.
• Involvement in commercial discussions and business strategy.
• Client and vendor contract management.
• Maintaining local finance procedures.
Key personal attributes required:
Candidate should be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or studying for final level exams, have a proven track record in a multi-national organisation and be able to demonstrate effective supervisory skills.
• Commitment to drive awareness of Anti-Bribery Legislation and procedural compliance requirements.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills (an effective communicator).
• Excellent Azerbaijani and English language skills.
• Ability to coach and mentor others.
• Microsoft Office programs (an advanced excel user).
• SAP Knowledge essential.
• Minimum 10 years in finance, 5 years in supervisory role.
• Prepared to travel to the UK for periods of training (if required).
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply in writing through email by attaching an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important: Please reflect the name of applied position in the subject of email.